Sunday, November 9, 2008

So Yay, or Something

Barack Obama has been elected President of the United States for 2009-2013. I use next year because if you forgot, he doesn't start his term until 1.20.09. I'm glad Obama won. What I'm NOT happy about is the fact that CONGRESS is Democratically controlled, as well. President-elect Obama spoke about bipartisanship, or NO partisanship. He didn't want Republicans to turn down policies he proposed simply because he's Democratic. He won't have to worry about that now, because majority vote in House AND Senate is Democrat. That definitely eliminates partisanship, I think. Without a healthy balance of Dems and Reps, whatever the President proposes to Congress will undoubtedly be approved, because they're all as left-wing as he is. I don't mean that in a bad way, I'm just saying that we've thrown off the balance.

Most people I've spoken to about this agree: They only knew who was running for President, and then just voted down the line for whoever was in the same party. I just don't understand what the mentality is. "Obama for change...that must mean Democrat is BANGIN' this year!!"

No. They are not "bangin'". There are many Democrats that belong in prison, and they've been reelected to office. I'm not anti-Democrat, but I'm not pro-Republican either. I am independent of any political party, because I make my decisions based on fact, not bias. I can't help but wonder...if McCain had won, would it be the same way for him? All Republican Congress?

All I'm saying is that it's going to be a lot easier for preposterous bills to be passed in Congress, especially if they were drafted by the President. Not suggesting that President-elect Obama might do something outrageous, but the concern is there all the same. I just wish there were some way of knowing if we made the right choice. I guess we'll find out in the next four years.

Til then, party like it's President Bush's funeral!

No comments: