Friday, September 26, 2008

One

I had a very boring day at work. Just the normal hubbub, only a few interesting things, and I counted down the time until I could leave to go home.

I love my cat. He's small, strong, and orange. His name is Finn. I don't know why his name is Finn. My wife named him that.

I watched the McCain-Obama debate tonight. I tell you, I have never seen such a squabble between politicians in the entire 10 years that I became interested in politics. I support Senator Obama 100%, and tonight's debate just reinforced that. Despite what all the media is already saying about what was discussed, and who said what, and what that means to them, I could barely watch Senator McCain without either flipping him off or screaming at him or laughing my ass off at the strange faces he was making. If you missed them, chances are you'll see them Monday night on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. It was such a one-sided debate that it's easy to see why John McCain tried to get out of it. He had no real descriptions of anything he was explaining, no details for what he planned to do to make this great country a better place to live, and he took a lot of what Obama said and either turned it against him or tried to make it seem as if it were HIS idea. I almost felt bad for Senator McCain because he seemed so ill-prepared to answer any and all questions he might face, whereas Senator Obama answered each lead question and followups intelligently and diligently. He did end up on the defensive with the cracks McCain made about him and his "lack of experience", which seems to have been proven a useless attempt at discreditation simply because of the fact of how prepared and well-versed Obama was, compared to John McCain, who seemingly just didn't do his homework. A monkey sniffing his shit-stained hand could see that McCain was sweating the whole deal, and his cheap shots were making everyone a little displeased.

I hate watching good movies on network television. All of the good parts are either extremely edited or cut out altogether to fit the time slot. They should abolish network television movies, or kill all the censors who make them crappy on TV.

I think it's funny how there are so many individuals, companies, and corporations trying to abolish the illegal downloading of music, but then the cell phone companies that they own or endorse release products that enable users to put their illegally downloaded music and movies right on their phones for on-the-go entertainment. Makes a whole lot of sense, right?

The best thing about weekends is that you can pretty much do whatever it is you gotta do, or just have a good time. The worst thing about weekends is that they end too quickly. Go to sleep Friday night, wake up Monday morning. It makes me try to appreciate weekends more, especially since I have probably one of the crappiest jobs available to legal working citizens of the country left.

I like to look around a lot. I like to see things, and I like to imagine things that I see from different angles, colors, and sizes.

You're probably thinking by now I'm just trying to fill up space. You're right. But what should I write about? It's not like there's a world of news out there. I can't just look out my window and say, "Hey! There's some newsworthy shit right there!" Although driving home from work today I DID see some bonehead driving down the road with a bag of Arby's food actually sitting on the rear bumper of his car. I managed to take a decent picture with my cell phone (yes, I did it while driving. I know, I know. Shame on me.), but I figured for comedy's sake, I wouldn't tell him about it.

Well, this concludes the post. I hope you enjoy reading it MORE than I enjoyed writing it, because I didn't really enjoy writing it that much. But then again, I don't have anything really to write about until I actually go and do something. Can't do anything if I don't have time, and if I don't have time, I don't have a life. If I don't have a life, I have nothing to write about. It's a vicious cycle that never ends. Hopefully I wear a hole through the cycle soon, though. I'm going crazy.

1 comment:

General Disarray said...

Newsworthy shit is everywhere! And I pity the foo' who don't think so!

C'mon, Ranyos! Hurricane Kyle! Upcoming video game releases! McCain's slowly collapsing left eye socket! An entire month for Breast Cancer but nothing for Testicular cancer but a lesson once a year in high school health class?

Okay, "news", no. But interesting, yes.